Developing Mission, Vision & Values
BEFORE YOU START
- Have you attended an Essentials of Church Planting Seminar or equivalent training?
- Have you completed a church planter assessment? Church Planter Assessment is available through New Church Initiatives - (link)
- What type of prayer support is in place?
- Who is your coach?
- Who is your learning community?
A MISSION/PURPOSE STATEMENT
- Why does the congregation exist? What is the ultimate purpose?
A VISION STATEMENT
- What is God's unique calling for this church?
- What is a brief description of the near-term future for this church?
- What are the non-negotiables?
- What values will define the congregation?
- What are the 5 goals you want to reach by the end of your first year?
- What are your key strategies for accomplishing those goals?
- What are the most important actions to be taken for the first six months?
- What people, physical, and financial resources are needed for implementation?
- What model of church is most effective for the community you are called to reach?
- Traditional/Missional with facilities, staff, and congregational worship gatherings
- Cell/Celebration with structure for groups primarily home based
- Simple/Organic with high flexibility and potential for rapid multiplication
- In what language will you preach/communicate?
- Will you focus primarily on a specific ethnic or cultural group of people? If yes, what is that group?
- What is the primary age range of adults in the congregation?
- How do you describe your worship services?
- What musical instruments will you use in worship?
- In what type of facility will you gather for worship?
- What structure will you use to involve people in small group relationships?
- What process will you use to achieve the rapid reproduction of disciples?
- What specifically will you do to train others to be leaders in your congregation?
- What method of evangelism/sharing will you use?
- How do you personally share your experience of Christ with others?
- What process will you use to place members in positions of ministry?
- What will be the first three ministries implemented? Why?
- What is your plan for reaching unchurched people during your first year?
- What is your plan for serving the community during your first six months?
- What are your plans for starting new churches or faith communities?
- What financial resources are needed?
- UBA Church Planting Consultants are available to assist you in the strategic development of a new congregation.