Iglesia Westchase Church
- Pastor Nathan feels in his heart that God called him to reach multi-ethnic or multi-racial people. He feels called to build a multi-racial church that represents the Kingdom of God. Currently, God is giving Nathan the opportunity to minister in Spanish to first generation Latinos who are mostly immigrants.
- Nathan believes that for many years God put in his heart that he should be a church planter. He has sensed in his heart to plant many cell churches, and to go to different places to start them. Nathan’s calling started taking shape back in 2003 when he was a youth minister and had a ministry in the Montrose area, where he and a friend would minister through poetry. That’s where his desire started and God constantly spoke to him about it. His desire grew stronger and in December 2010, Nathan felt God say, “Just do it.”
Jorge came to know Christ through this new church. Nathan says that Jorge has really blossom in the things of God. In fact, Jorge is going to be the cell group leader for a third group that will start in the near future. Jorge is developing as a Christian and has a desire to grow. His life has really changed, and he has already ministered to his family, his sister and brother-in-law through his testimony. Jorge has experienced a lot of change and Nathan sees this as a result of the cell groups.
GOD AT WORK/DIOS TRABAJANDO: What is the most exciting thing God has done in the church?
- God has given Nathan a group of people that seems to be very passionate about God. Nathan sees in them a desire to grow and really know God. It is not about just showing up, but about a passion for change, for God, and for community transformation. The church wants to see God move, and this really inspires Nathan and gives him great encouragement.
- Nathan would like to see God move and allow them to reach the church goal to have 5 cell groups running self-sufficiently with a leader and taking initiative to reach their neighborhood by the end of 2011. In addition, Nathan would like to see a more structured and organized church so that they can function better and develop its leaders.
- Nathan is amazed at how God has opened doors and confirmed his calling on his life. He is surprised at the confirmation of moving toward planting the church. Nathan sees God’s blessing and favor in Sharpstown High School’s willingness to connect and to allow them to use space without cost.
Nathan recommends other church planters to read these three books:
- The Second Reformation: Reshaping the Church for the 21st Century by William A. Beckham
- Successful Home Cell Groups by Dr. David Yonggi Cho
- Prayer: Key to Revival by Dr. David Yonggi Cho
- Pastor Nathan’s prayer request is for God to provide committed intercessors who will pray for him on a regular basis.
|Current Contact Information:||UBA Directory Listing|
|Location for Worship Services:||Sharpstown High School – 7504 Bissonnet St. (77074)|
|Date of First Worship Service:||January 6, 2011|
|Type of Facility:||
Library at Sharpstown High School
|Discipleship Structure:||Cells identified as 'purpose groups' where evangelism and discipleship occur|
|Language of Worship:||Spanish|