Domestic Violence Survivors
Houston Area Shelters
- Bay Area Turning Point (located in Clear Lake): providing recovery solutions services for survivors of family violence and sexual assault
- Houston Area Women's Center (located in greater Houston): providing shelter, counseling and advocacy to help individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence.
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters (located in Pasadena): providing shelter, counseling and advocacy to help individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence.
- 24 HOUR CRISIS/REFERRAL HOTLINE: 713-473-2801
Texas 24-Hour Helpline
Across Texas, the United Way of Greater Houston offers a free 24 hour helpline to access referrals ranging from finding child care, food stamps, care for an aging parent or a haven from domestic violence. The service offers a variety of languages. Remembering one phone number may be one of the best ways to help others in need: just dial 2-1-1.
- Calculators.org, a tool for developing a budget, developing a plan for financial savings, & managing debt.